CIPD Member Professional Development
As part of our services to CIPD members, the West Yorkshire Branch offers a member-to-member Mentoring & Coaching Scheme to support their personal & professional development. Anyone at any level in their HR career from recent graduate/first role through to Department Head or Director can benefit from a mentor and is welcome to apply to join our scheme as a mentee. And you don’t have to hold a senior role or have already mentored someone in order to become a mentor with us. Provided you have experience from the world of work and HR (at Associate Member level or above) and a demonstrable passion & commitment for helping others you’re eligible to apply to join as a mentor. The Branch provides initial training for new mentors and development support for all mentors throughout the year.
The scheme has recently been updated and there’s now an annual window for submitting mentee and mentor applications. Additionally under the revised scheme Branch staff will undertake the mentor/mentee matching process and pair people up to work with one another for a minimum of six mentoring sessions over a period of up to a year.
For further information about the scheme, please read the overview
2023-24 Mentoring Scheme
For our new Mentoring & Coaching Scheme we have an annual window for mentee and mentor applications, The key dates for 2023/24 are as follows:
- The window for applications is open between Monday 4th September and Friday 20th October.
- During September & October we will be holding some ‘Introduction to the Mentoring & Coaching Scheme’ events on-line. These events are a great opportunity to meet the scheme lead, ask questions and work out whether mentoring is right for you at the present time.
- To ensure you are fully informed about the principles of this Scheme, please either read the Scheme Overview document (see link below) and/or attend an online ‘Introduction to the Scheme’ event before submitting your application.
We are expecting strong interest in the Scheme and may need to use date stamp of application as a decision-making factor if it is over-subscribed; you are therefore recommended to submit your application as early as possible during the ‘window’.
Mentor/mentee matching takes place in early November
If successfully matched, mentee induction with a choice of two dates will take place as follows:
- Wednesday 22 November 18:00 – 19:15
- Tuesday 28 November 18:00 – 19:15
A briefing event for experienced mentors will take place in mid-November and training for new mentors will take place
- Friday 1 December 09:30 – 13:30.
Paired mentors and mentees will be connected with one another by email introduction at the beginning of December so that mentoring can get underway in January 2024.
Any updates to our scheme information will appear here.